Saturday, October 29, 2016

A Geeky Boudoir Experience

I am a geek (and a nerd), and I love all of my geeky friends. Especially when they own the title and aren't afraid to show it off. Alexis is one of those friends. It is a big part of who she is, and it is one of the reasons we have become such close friends over the years. We are able to geek out hardcore on some of the same things, and it is wonderful! When she told me she wanted to do a Geeky Boudoir session, I was ecstatic! So many amazing ideas out there for this type of thing.



This session was an eye-opener for the boudoir style. It really brought into light that every client is different, and every session is different. If you recall my Boudoir session with Demi, it was very typical of boudoir photography. It was gorgeous and sultry and very French. This session, with Alexis, was so laid back that I barely remembered it was a boudoir session! She is always a gorgeous woman, but there is something about a woman in their element, in their favourite sweater or their favourite knickers, that just makes them more beautiful. It is the comfort, the fact that being in their own space gives them a push to lower the mask they show the world. Boudoir offers a completely different view of a person, a very intimate view (and I don't mean intimate because of the subject of the session).

I would consider this a very Lifestyle Boudoir style experience--showcasing not only her love of things geeky, certain things that are unique to her personality, but also how it might be to spend a day in the life of Alexis. It was amazing!



I absolutely loved the gold look of the photos, so I kept it in the final edits. I love the way it looks like a sunny yet cool Autumn day--the perfect type of day for Alexis.



No comments:

Post a Comment